Why get a Mole Check?
Concerned about your moles?
If you are concerned about your moles for any reason, then choosing to get them looked at by a dermatologist is a good way to be confident in the health of your skin, as well as to put your mind at rest. There are many reasons that you may have become concerned about your moles. Common reasons that patients come to Dr Firas Al-Niaimi to get their moles checked include:
- The mole has uneven colouring – healthy moles tend to just be one or two colours.
- The mole has or is developing an uneven or ragged edge – healthy moles usually have a smooth border.
- Bleeding, itching, redness, inflammation or crustiness of the mole.
- A significant increase in size or shape of the mole – healthy moles are generally no bigger than the width of a pencil.
- A mole appears suddenly that you did not notice before.
A Mole Check is ALWAYS a good idea
Changes to a mole can be an early indication of a type of skin cancer called Melanoma. For this reason alone, a mole check is always good idea.
So, why get a mole check? If you have a lot of mole lesions, (or even if not,) then it is likely to be difficult for you to keep an eye on all of your moles and watch out for any irregularities. A ‘mole check’ with a reputed and experienced dermatologist such as Dr Al-Niaimi will ensure that any sinister signs are caught as early as possible, and will indicate which moles are the most important for you to keep an eye on going forward. Once Dr Al-Niaimi has assessed the results from your mole check, he will let you know immediately if there is any cause for concern; if the results are good then you will have peace-of-mind and be safe in the knowledge that you don’t have to worry about your mole lesions.
Book a Mole Check on Harley Street (H4)
Dr Firas Al-Niaimi is a highly experienced Harley Street dermatologist and also runs his private practice from different London locations. Dr Al-Niaimi offers a comprehensive ‘mole check service’. For more information about this treatment, or to book a consultation, please contact us.Back to blog